Self-storage packing tips from the storage expertsJuly 1, 2021
Storage unit packing tips from the self-storage specialists
A critical part of moving personal belongings into a storage unit is making sure you protect the items. Furniture, dishes, glassware, electrical equipment and appliances can be damaged unless they are packed correctly.
We want to help you avoid the situation of having scratched or broken possessions. Please read on for some of the key packing tips we pass on to our customers at Store & Stack Self Storage in Tauriko, Tauranga.
Tips for packing furniture
Our top two furniture packing tips are:
- Empty all the contents from the drawers before transit
- Wrap any wooden or glass furniture in soft blankets
Tips for packing dishes and glassware
Our top two tips for packing dishes and glassware are:
- Wrap each dish and glassware item individually in paper or bubble wrap
- Place the wrapped items in a box and fill the gaps with paper
Tips for packing TVs and technical devices
Our top two tips for packing TVs and devices are:
- Use the original box if you have it, or a box of a similar size, and tape all the gaps
- Remove batteries from remotes to avoid the damage caused by a leaking battery
Tips for packing appliances
Our top two tips for packing appliances are:
- Empty, defrost and dry your fridge and freezer is the first step
- Keep the appliance upright in the storage unit and leave the door ajar
Need packing supplies?
We’ve got moving boxes and much more
A key part of moving personal or business possessions into a storage unit is getting all the packing supplies you need. We’re here to help with your
packing supply requirements. Store & Stack Self Storage has moving boxes and bubble wrap, plus padlocks and much more.
Call us today, or send a message using the form on this page if you’d like to know more about the packing supplies we have at our storage facility in
We take great pride at Store & Stack Self Storage in providing exceptional service for our clients. If you’d like a free, no-obligation quote for a storage unit, simply hit the button below and follow the steps.
We look forward to hearing from you